Shocker-Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Shocker Owners Group

You are not connected. Please login or register

shocker problem Help!

+2
nighthunter
hybridshock
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1shocker problem Help! Empty shocker problem Help! Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:42 am

hybridshock

I just bought a shocker off of ebay and ever since day on it has had the same problem, which is this, when I fire the shocker the firing can moves (the visible part through the milling) I can see it move as I'm shooting. This leads to the shocker dropping literally every other ball out the barrel,I don't know what to do about it and have scoured the web for an answer, but I have found nothing. the gun is a pl hybrid shocker nxt with hybrid tool less back cap. PLEASE HELP!

2shocker problem Help! Empty Re: shocker problem Help! Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:29 am

nighthunter

nighthunter

That's very unusual... Does the firing can move back and forth, or does it spin around?

Have you tried replacing all the O-rings in that general location?

3shocker problem Help! Empty Re: shocker problem Help! Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:35 pm

hybridshock

Sorry my first post didn't have much information, I'll give you what I know, hopefully it helps.

The firing chamber (or can) moves back and forth in the same way that the bolt inside it would move, correct me if i'm wrong but shouldn't there not be enough room in the breech for it to even do that?

I was able to offset the effects for a small amount of time by turning the dwell up to 40 chirps (on blackheart board)
however i't started happening again quickly.

I found out a couple of days ago that the bolt guide bumper that came with it is not correct, it was extremely thick and tough, I just got a replacement from o'ring monkey hoping that would fix my problem but it didn't, as for the
o-ring replacement on the firing can, I inspected them all for damage and couldn't see any, i also don't yet have an o-ring pick to replace the internals, however i'm not sure o-rings would effect firing can movement inside the breech, as stated above I don't believe that it should even have room inside the breech to do that. hopefully that clarifies the problem.

4shocker problem Help! Empty Re: shocker problem Help! Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:40 pm

SOUP

SOUP

Is it missing the front cap to the firing can? I'd think it would be leaking if this were the case, but that certainly would free up some room for it to move. Normally those cans are extremely hard to get out and are a very tight fit, you may just need to get a new can really. I'd try fitting different o-rings on the can first, then go from there.

Its the piece seen in the third diagram-
http://www.zdspb.com/tech/mguide/shockersft/maintenance_bolt_ndz3.html

Also pictures of your bolt assembly would be helpful. We could probably help diagnose the problem easier.

5shocker problem Help! Empty Re: shocker problem Help! Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:00 pm

hybridshock

Yes the front cap is still there, I've been on zdspb to try and fix it, I love their site but this problem is unusual enough it doesn't seem to be on there.
I thought it might be non compatibility of parts but of course that doesn't make sense because sft parts work perfectly in nxts so that theory is bunk unless the former owner tried to do some weird mod on it, however I have no evidence to suport that so it's unlikely.

6shocker problem Help! Empty Re: shocker problem Help! Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:00 pm

CdTriX

CdTriX

he's probably missing the bolt sleeve. the can doesn't move because the bolt does.

7shocker problem Help! Empty Re: shocker problem Help! Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:40 pm

hybridshock

I have all the bolt components for the bolt, i've looked over the diagrams on zdspb and made sure,
I was looking at the bolt today and noticed something that might be causing the problem. when the bolt moves forward the front bolt seal o-ring seems to be catching the fire chamber front and pushing it off, I thought the fire chamber wouldn't do that but I was easily able to pop it off the fire chamber just by pushing the bolt forward with my thumb, that would probably account for the bolt movement. do you think it might be a worn out fire chamber front? if so how could I fix it?

8shocker problem Help! Empty Re: shocker problem Help! Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:18 am

nighthunter

nighthunter

if replacing the o-rings in that general vicinity doesn't seem to help, you may need a new firing can.

We're talking about that front wall section of the firing can, right? Mine comes off sometimes when I try to take it out of the marker, but it stays put once I have it put together again.

9shocker problem Help! Empty Re: shocker problem Help! Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:47 am

hybridshock

Yes the front wall section seems to be moving and losening when the bolt is pushed into forward position. I'm not sure if that could cause the problem but it's the best theory i've got right now, I'll try the orings and if that doesn't work maybe a new firing can is in order. thanks for help and suggestions!

10shocker problem Help! Empty Re: shocker problem Help! Thu May 03, 2012 1:25 am

Sweet V

Sweet V

This is a very common problem. You have the incorrect bolt seal oring. Im assuming its the stock bolt. The bolt seal oring is a special, one use oring only made for that one spot. It cannot be replaced with any other oring. I would have to check if i have any but if I dont i think i might be putting in an order for shocker parts from anun-nameable source. You will not find this oring anywhere but part outs of other guns.

11shocker problem Help! Empty Re: shocker problem Help! Sat May 05, 2012 12:55 am

hybridshock

Alright thanks for the info, I was about to order a new o-ring kit from oring monkey, Do you think that would work? Oh and yes it is the stock HE bolt.

12shocker problem Help! Empty Re: shocker problem Help! Thu May 31, 2012 8:14 pm

hybridshock

(UPDATED) So I bought a new Oring kit from oring monkey and replaced every single Oring on my shocker. It actually made it worse!
The marker now doesn't fire at all as the firing can is riding up over the brand new front bolt seal oring and making the bolt stick in place. after a couple of non firing shots i pulled the bolt assembly out of the gun and the firing can actually came off of the bolt!
I'm simply amazed at what a piece of trash this gun is, so my new question. Should I buy a new bolt assembly or just throw this piece of junk away? is there even hope for this thing?

13shocker problem Help! Empty Re: shocker problem Help! Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:06 am

CdTriX

CdTriX

can you take a picture of what's happening?

you might have the wrong front seal oring for the bolt. i know i have issues with the can getting stuck inside my gun a lot as well when pulling out the bolt assembly. It also depends on your bolt asembly as well. I have the freeflow bolt system and it uses some sort of stopper ring that is screwed onto the bolt where the front seal oring on the bolt is suppose to be. it's a strange setup. I now have the techt enertia spring bolt and it's working like a champ. Still have issues with the can getting stuck but It still seals and works fine Smile

if you have an iphone and wifi at home, you can take a video of what it's doing and then post it on youtube directly. Then link it here so we can see what's up.

14shocker problem Help! Empty Re: shocker problem Help! Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:32 pm

Sweet V

Sweet V

Even a full rebuild kit from oring monkey does not have the proper oring for the stock bolt. There are 2 orings in the shocker drive train that we only ever made by Smart Parts. Im willing to bet thats part of the new problem.

15shocker problem Help! Empty Re: shocker problem Help! Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:15 am

hybridshock

Ok so after doing a second replacement of the front seal oring and the internal firing can orings that problem seems to have been fixed, now it has a different problem that may be electronic related. when I turn the gun on the first shot I fire works great, every shot after that doesn't even have enough pressure to push the ball past the detent, unless I do one of two things.

1.turn the gun off and on again, first shot after turning it on always works.

2. turn the gun on, fire one shot, wait five seconds then fire another, if I do this the shots normally stay powerful.

I have already replaced the battery, the board is a blackheart if that helps.

16shocker problem Help! Empty Re: shocker problem Help! Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:23 pm

Schuler

Replace your battery! And reset you board if you haven't done so yet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum