Shocker-Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Shocker Owners Group

You are not connected. Please login or register

New to the Shocker (a few questions)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New to the Shocker (a few questions) Empty New to the Shocker (a few questions) Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:57 am

NBTippy

Greetings, new to the forum and new to the shocker Smile
I have 0 experience with the guns but have always been intrigued. I've got a couple questions

1. I've read up that only a few are auto-cocker threaded, which ones?
2. Can I use any air tank on it? or should I use a specific tank regulator?
3. How much tuning is required with a shocker?

Any helpful info you folks could provide to a shocker noobie would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance Smile

2New to the Shocker (a few questions) Empty Re: New to the Shocker (a few questions) Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:00 am

CdTriX

CdTriX

i believe only a few private label shockers were cocker threaded. the only ones that come to mind are the sft octane shockers and the nxt tremor. there could be more but i'd have to look it up.

any tank can be used. a normal ninja 68/45 serves me well.

not much for tuning. you can lower your dwell if you get a spring bolt. as well as operating pressure. this will allow you to squeeze a bit more shots out of the gas hog shocker.

shockers are really smooth guns. I have a clone and my SFT and i love shooting the SFT. the SFT will never get sold. it's perfectly setup for me. I'm still trying to find the sweetspot for my trigger on my clone. side by side, my clone is a tad quieter then my SFT but my SFT plays tighter then my clone. SFT parts are plentiful as well.

Do you know which one you're looking to get?

3New to the Shocker (a few questions) Empty Re: New to the Shocker (a few questions) Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:08 pm

NBTippy

Thanks for the reply!
I actually really like the RL but they aren't AC threaded.

4New to the Shocker (a few questions) Empty Re: New to the Shocker (a few questions) Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:43 pm

NBTippy

I found a potential local shocker, looking at possibly getting a Nasty SFT, figured I'd just get a thread adapter for my other barrels

EDIT: It's just ion feednecks that fit the SFT correct?

5New to the Shocker (a few questions) Empty Re: New to the Shocker (a few questions) Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:30 pm

Sweet V

Sweet V

Yes Ion threads. I would have to argue against the barrel adapter. They have a long history of not performing well. You can pick up SFT threaded (shocker threads) barrels pretty cheap.

6New to the Shocker (a few questions) Empty Re: New to the Shocker (a few questions) Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:41 pm

NBTippy

really? its just I just picked up a new barrel that I actually really enjoy, what is wrong with the adapters?

7New to the Shocker (a few questions) Empty Re: New to the Shocker (a few questions) Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:18 pm

CdTriX

CdTriX

adapters can sometimes get stuck and hard to remove.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum