Shocker-Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Shocker Owners Group

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tool-less bolt guides

+4
weerez935
Superman
Sweet V
nighthunter
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tool-less bolt guides Empty Tool-less bolt guides Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:04 am

nighthunter

nighthunter

So, long and short of it is: I love using my SFT (more than my Octane, even) but I want to get it a tool-less bolt guide that doesn't stick too far back. I hate kissing my guns, so unless I can find the Bloodline bullets bolt guide, I want one that's as low profile as possible.

What bolt guides should I look for and does anyone know if I can find one BNIB?
(if anyone has one sitting around, that would be cool to Wink )

Edit: If ANYONE sees one of the Bloodline 6-shooter bolt guides for sale, PM me, HMU on Facebook, bang on my door in the middle of the night! I want one of those things more than Hitler wanted the Holy Grail! I don't really care too much about the price (within reason) so long as I can get my hands on one.
pics:

Tool-less bolt guides Scaled.php?server=690&filename=shocktechshockerb

Last edited by nighthunter on Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:03 am; edited 2 times in total

2Tool-less bolt guides Empty Re: Tool-less bolt guides Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:06 am

Sweet V

Sweet V

the only real "low pro" tool less bolt guide i can think of is the Russian Legion bolt guide

you can kinda see it here
Tool-less bolt guides Rl1

3Tool-less bolt guides Empty Re: Tool-less bolt guides Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:11 am

nighthunter

nighthunter

The one on my Octane is pretty sweet too, but I don't wanna cannibalize a PL gun.

4Tool-less bolt guides Empty Re: Tool-less bolt guides Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:15 am

Superman

Superman

If you go to pbnation and look in the miscellaneous section there are hundreds of bolt guides

5Tool-less bolt guides Empty Re: Tool-less bolt guides Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:20 am

weerez935

I know the NDZ ones stick out a bit but pooty still has them

6Tool-less bolt guides Empty Re: Tool-less bolt guides Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:25 am

nighthunter

nighthunter

Yeah, I kinda like the NDZ bolt guide, but I don't enjoy making love with my markers mid-game. (After we get home, however, is a different story Wink ) Long guns drive me nuts because they hit my mask when I try to switch hands.

7Tool-less bolt guides Empty Re: Tool-less bolt guides Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:31 am

weerez935

hehe I still shoot cockers sometimes and occasionally I would get a backblock to the face, which is why I replaced all the beavertails I removed lol

8Tool-less bolt guides Empty Re: Tool-less bolt guides Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:40 am

Superman

Superman

i always use big tanks so kissing guns (on the field) isn't a problem

9Tool-less bolt guides Empty Re: Tool-less bolt guides Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:56 am

nighthunter

nighthunter

Superman wrote:i always use big tanks so kissing guns (on the field) isn't a problem
I have short arms and use a 45/45, so it's more of an issue for me. I wonder how hard it would be to mod a standard one to be tool-less.

10Tool-less bolt guides Empty Re: Tool-less bolt guides Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:06 pm

LV

LV

nighthunter wrote:
Superman wrote:i always use big tanks so kissing guns (on the field) isn't a problem
I have short arms and use a 45/45, so it's more of an issue for me. I wonder how hard it would be to mod a standard one to be tool-less.
I would think you'd need to take a proper sized allen key, cut off part of it so it it sticks out a little when you place it in the bolt guide and find way to basically weld the allen key into the bolt guide and a small nob of some sort.

11Tool-less bolt guides Empty Re: Tool-less bolt guides Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:04 pm

weerez935

12Tool-less bolt guides Empty Re: Tool-less bolt guides Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:04 am

nighthunter

nighthunter

Updated original post. Iv'e been wanting that for awhile!

13Tool-less bolt guides Empty Re: Tool-less bolt guides Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:21 pm

smartballer91

smartballer91

I was gonna say octane bolts guides are probably the most low profile tooless bolt guides I've seen, but hybrids aren't too bad they do stick out a bit. RLs have nice bolt guides as well. the only think I will "warn" you on is the Bloodline 6shooter bolt guides are a tad heavy but as long as you don't mind that they are pretty sweet.

14Tool-less bolt guides Empty Re: Tool-less bolt guides Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:13 pm

jim4130

Bloodline guides are also notorious for having bad tollerances. I had to have the oring glands turned down on mine just to get my orings to fit properly

15Tool-less bolt guides Empty Re: Tool-less bolt guides Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:02 pm

smartballer91

smartballer91

I've heard that more then on one occasion, forgot to mention that.

16Tool-less bolt guides Empty Re: Tool-less bolt guides Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:29 pm

CdTriX

CdTriX

i could order it and send it to you nh i'm in canada and badlands has it. not sure which store has it but it has to ship to me first which still costs monies Sad

17Tool-less bolt guides Empty Re: Tool-less bolt guides Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:48 pm

nighthunter

nighthunter

Well, I emailed Badlands and they said they can ship to the continental U.S.; but I'd have to pay via paypal because their site isn't normally set up for U.S. customers.

Thanks for the interest, tho.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum